The Diet of Bugs Nonacentennial Commemoration Dinner will take place at the Irish Discworld Convention on Sunday 31st March 2019. The price for the dinner is €42 per person, and includes a pre-dinner drinks reception.
The last day to buy a Gala Dinner ticket will be Thursday 14th March.
- Please note that you must be a member of the Convention to purchase a ticket and attend the Gala dinner. Tickets to the Gala Dinner are bought separately to your membership, and must be booked in advance for you to be allowed entry.
- Your choice of pre-gala drink is not a final order, and can be changed on the night; this is just to help us gauge numbers in advance (though the rest of the menu options will not be changeable).
- Please make a note of all dietary requirements you have in the box provided. While all common allergen groups are listed below to help you, the hotel is also able to accommodate specific requests.
- Under ‘Seating Requests’, please be sure to put the name and membership number of everyone who you'd like to be seated with (including family and people booked in the same transaction) or avoid (including family and people booked in the same transaction!). We will do our best to accommodate all requests.
About the Diet of Bugs Nonacentennial Commemoration Dinner
Nine hundred years ago, the three main factions within what is now Überwald (Vampires, Werewolves, and Dwarfs) held a great meeting, or Diet, in the town of Bugs, where they eventually arrived at a peace treaty which brought an end to centuries of emnity. Many of the laws laid down by the Diet are still observed to this day (by and large), including the prohibition of garlic being used for offensive purposes, and dwarfs no longer being considered fair game (pun intended) by the differently-alive; though some clauses, including the cessation of silver mining in Überwald, have recently been suspended after the conspiracy surrounding the Low King's coronation. Nevertheless, we in the village of Schnapp are proud to host a special banquet during our Sektoberfest revelry to celebrate and uphold the core values of peace and amity that are the Diet's legacy. Of course, given the number of vampires that will be attending, it goes without saying that formal or evening wear is strongly encouraged, though of course the more... traditional appearance of many of the denizens of Überwald is also acceptable.
Menu and Allergens
The meal is preceded by a pre-dinner drink from the selection above, followed by:
- Atlantic Fishcake with Vegetable Salad and Caper & Lemon Zest Mayo (Cr) (D) (E) (F) (G)
- Honey Roast Vegetable Soup (D), Vegetarian
- Cajun Chicken Salad with Soy & Ginger Dressing (G) (Sb)
In the Middle:
- Beef and Ale Stew with Creamed Mash Potato (D) (X)
- Flynn's Sausage-stuffed Supreme of Chicken with Crushed Baby Potato and Gravy Sauce (G) (X)
- Steamed Cod Fillet with West Cork Chorizo, Sauteéd Potatoes, and Dill White Wine Cream (D) (F) (G) (X)
- Wild Mushroom Risotto (X), Vegetarian & Vegan
- Homemade Belgian Chocolate Brownie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Custard Sauce (D) (E) (G) (N)
- Raspberry and Hazelnut Roulade (D) (E) (N) (P)
- Cheese and Biscuits (D) (G)
And then finished off with freshly brewed Tea and Coffee.
Allergen key: (C) Celery; (Cr) Crustaceans; (D) Dairy; (E) Eggs; (F) Fish; (G) Gluten; (L) Lupin; (M) Mustard; (Ms) Molluscs; (N) Nuts; (P) Peanuts; (Sb) Soybeans; (Ss) Sesame Seeds; (X) Sulphites.
The hotel's meat and poultry are “Feile Bia” approved, and their beef is 100% Irish.